Sunday, July 25, 2010

Recommittal

So it's been a while since I've blogged, and that's kind of brought on (and been brought on by) a wave of inconsistencies in my life. I went to VidCon, and just after somewhat recovering from that, I went to Erica's house for Paige's birthday, so needless to say, my body has been on vacation for about two weeks straight. With approximately one month left until going to school in which I am taking one more week of vacation, I have my work cut out for me.

I figure the best thing to do is to reassess what I am doing and what I want to do. The fact of the matter is that I want to continue all of the projects that I started earlier; clarinet is incredibly important now, exercise needs to be continued, I want to finish my course in German, I need to read a LOT more than I have, and sleep is the only way to get all these done. However, realizing that summer is drawing to a close, I also want to record all the music that I can while I still have access to the instruments at my house, as when I return to school, I will once again only have my clarinets and my piano, and probably no income to get the others. I could, of course, borrow instruments from friends, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

So what this means is that I need to reassess what I've been doing with my time, how to reschedule it without going insane (keeping in mind I *am* still on summer break!), and what goals are reasonable within the constraints I set.

One thing I have noticed is that when I exercise in the morning, it makes my day start so much better, so I am going to continue trying to get out before it's too hot outside for a jog. This is something I've been really slack on since vacation, so I already know I have to get somewhat back in shape. My goal is to also compress the activities into a shorter time span, as I have noticed I spend much of my exercise time lost in thought and not exercising. Hopefully this way I can open up some time for when my brain recovers.

I have also noticed a propensity for sitting mindlessly at the computer, not really watching any videos and not really participating in any community via skype--mostly just sitting. This is probably related to sleep, and I am much closer to being back on schedule, so I am really going to have to be strict again about my sleep schedule.

So what I need to do, basically, is really assess what I'm accomplishing at any given time. I also have to remember that relaxation can be a compliment, but I can only relax if I've done something. That being said, I think I need to be more aware that weekends still exist and I don't have to hold myself to the strictness of daily activities, as suggested by the 30-day numberless calendar.

So here's what I think I'm going to do for a few days: carry a moleskine around and record what I'm doing with starting time and end times. At the end of the day, when I blog, I'll assess (for my own good, not necessarily in the blog) what I spent too much time on and whether what I did was worthwhile. Hopefully this will shed some light on what I can do to get what I want done.

In the meantime, I have lunch to eat and music to record, so I'll catch you guys later!

Sleep: O -- but much closer to an X than in recent history!
Clarinet: once my fingers are tired of guitar
German: once my lips are tired of clarinet
Reading: once my brain is tired of German
Exercise: R
Blogging: X

No comments:

Post a Comment