Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 DoB 11: A Post I Didn't Expect to Turn Into a Thank-You

So I gotta be honest, I knew I was biting off more than I could chew when I made today the day I was going to write a story. Which means I'm not. Ha. I control this blog and there's nothing you can do about it!

On the upside, I only have about 20 pages left in The Fellowship of the Ring and the night is yet young.

I have still been having trouble sleeping though. Any suggestions? I think what I'm going to try for tonight is to just get in bed like crazy early and if I fall asleep, yay, and if not, I'll just read a bunch of my next book.

On the upside, I got suddenly inspired about the background of a story that I've been kind of letting spin in my head and I just may start writing it. I'm glad that I have found the resources and inspiration to pull off projects like this.

We were just talking the other day in my post-student-teaching seminar about learning as much information as we can about every subject, but also specifically about the arts. I didn't realize how "duh" of a fact this has been for me for forever... but I really think I have YouTube to thank for that. I've been expected to stretch my creative output past just reading and performing music. I've always written music, but even that is strange for lots of classical musicians. I just don't get it.

But now I've learned a bit about graphic design, animation, video making, photography, acting, and also lots about world cultures and stuff. YouTube basically came for me when I needed it most. I know I've said it in videos before, but if it weren't for YouTube, I think I would be pining for all this creative output and wouldn't know I was. I would think "I should just go practice more." I'm so glad I didn't fall into that kind of rut.

I could go on for years about this and I don't know what it would really add... basically all I want to say is thank you to everyone who inspires me and who helps me learn more about the arts, the world, and most importantly, myself. If it weren't for you guys, my life would not be so fulfilling.
_______________
Sleep: O (I really want to get this in order.)
Blogging: X
Reading: X
Homework: THERE ISN'T ANY IN THE CLASS ANYMORE! THIS CATEGORY IS OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!
Exercise: O (I'm so sore....)

1 comment:

  1. I really don't have anything to say, just, thanks and you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete