Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 DoB 18: Yeah.

So if you haven't noticed, I have had increasingly less to talk about in my blogs. Something has happened this week to where I've just kind of snowballed out of control in laziness... I've gone from really getting stuff done, especially in terms of reading, to getting virtually nothing done. As usual, it seems to be related to my sleep habits, but I don't know what is changing them. I accurately predicted yesterday that I would not get sleep, and lo and behold! I did not. I was in bed, sure, at about 11:45, but I did not get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. This made my wake-up this morning rough, which made my day go by much faster than expected because I had no morning of which to make use.

I have also had more IRL contact, which is both a good and a bad thing. I need some semblance of a schedule in order to get the proper amount of sleep in order to get the proper amount of stuff done--I'm no workaholic, but something about such an imbalance really does a number on me. Perhaps everyone needs that system in order to stay productive in a healthy way, which is why I seem to churn out more work than a lot of people expect. However, because my friends do not operate on the schedule as I and because it would be not only ludicrous but downright rude to expect them to do so, I have to sacrifice it if I want to hang out with them, and obviously that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make. (Side note: I wrote that whole passage with Tom Baker's voice narrating it in my head. Can you tell what I've been doing?)

Anyway, basically what I'm saying is that there are excuses and what I need to do to break the cycle is be aware of them, but also just suck it up and deal with it. Those of you who read last year know it is near impossible for me to re-start late in the day if I did not get a good morning in; I shall do the best I can tonight (Good lord, Tom Baker. Get out of my head!) but will give myself the signals for my wake-up tomorrow to set things straight.

At least I have perseverance :/
___________
Sleeping: O
Blogging: X
Reading: O
Exercise: AOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment