Monday, June 7, 2010

What a day.

I woke up this morning with major allergy issues. Or a cold. I hope it's allergies. Anyway, the sad thing was that the first thing in my head (besides, of course, "Where the heck is that snooze button?") was "Gosh darnit, I have to sing today!"

However, I made myself some tea with honey, did some vocal warm-ups and got to it. I have to say, instrumentally, at least, I'm very happy with the recording I got out. I'm going to try at the vocals again tomorrow to see if I can get a better result out, though, and the video is going to be a chore to edit. I do, however, think I'm going to win myself some lady-hearts with it.

As for other news, I've slowly started defeating the demon that is Capriccio Espagnol which is also quite good. But the rest of the orchestra rep for the audition is looking equally daunting. This will be an interesting season, for sure.

And I recall saying that I was going to assess my progress on Tuesday and assign more projects. Well, I just realized that I'll want to START the new projects tomorrow, and I have to say, a new project or two should be *quite* doable. So I'm going to assign one tonight: actually doing those German lessons I said I would do way back in January. Perhaps I can incorporate German into my blog, seeing as the only way to get better is to practice and generally fail. So here goes try number 1: Ich spreche zu wenig Deutsch. Ich versuche es zu lernen.

Sleep: X
Clarinet: X
Bloging: X

1 comment:

  1. Hey, hope the allergies or cold go away soon. :)

    ReplyDelete